Fight demons in DoomGLES, the best looking Doom port on mobile devices.
DoomGLES is the classic Doom(GL) ported to OpenGLES.
You are a space marine who fights hordes of Demons on Mars bases, Earth and Hell !
- High resolutions (on tablets or highend phones)
- Realtime dynamic lighting
- Particles effects
- 3D Monsters and objects (MD2)
- Blood projections
- Realistic water effect
- Xperia Play gamepad buttons (touchpads not supported yet, probably later)
- and much more
DoomGLES comes with Doom shareware datas.
If you own (ultimate) Doom and/or Doom 2, copy the wad file (doom.wad or doom2.wad) in your device at this location: /sdcard/Kokak/DoomGLES/
Then select, from the launch menu, Doom or Doom2 as IWAD. The OpenGLES datas will be downloaded.
Here the size of the downloaded datas:
Ultimate Doom datas: ~100MB
Doom 2 datas: ~185MB
Plutonia datas: ~80MB
TNT datas: ~70MB
So please be patient while it downloads the datas…
On some devices, the game may not launch after the datas have been installed. It is the case if the “Downloading Datas” waiting box disappears and the game doesn’t launch after 30 seconds. Simply exit the game (home button) and relaunch it.
On the launch window you can choose various options, you can also add classic doom command line parameters (like “-warp episode map”).
To use a custom PWAD, copy it to your device in /sdcard/Kokak/DoomGLES/, copy converted datas in the same folder, and add on the command line “-file wadname.wad”
Planned features for next releases:
- Button mapping (Xperia Play / USB Game Pad)
- Network support
- More nice graphics effects
If you have any problem, any question or suggestion, don’t hesitate to email me.
- Game exit improved (no more crash at launch when you restart it)
- Invert look up/down option
- No “mouse look” option (turn bar on the right of the screen)
For Xperia Play:
- Support for previous/next weapon on “Select”/”Start” buttons (report me if it doesn’t work)
- Option to remove mapped buttons from touch interface
- I have few reports of left/right DPad buttons being inversed. An option to fix that has been added (please report if it works). Button mapping will be added later.
- Another player weapon offset on some phones fixed.
- XPeria Play controls: Back & Circle buttons work + volume control works also.
- Added support for Plutonia & TNT: As for Doom & Doom 2, first copy the official wad in your /sdcard/Kokak/DoomGLES folder on your device. Then, the OpenGLES datas will be downloaded.
- Added support for PWAD (custom wads made by the community)
- Added Google Play Licensing