This is a free-form tower defense game which I’m sure you’ve played before, so here are some of the things that set ‘Blasted Thieves’ apart from the others…
* If you play on medium or difficult level, the thieves are smart enough to avoid the towers or take the safest route to the loot.
* There are characters of chaos that don’t take your loot but impede your strategy or distract your towers, so you may have to re-think things several times during the game.
* Each thief has advantages and disadvantages against particular towers (all outlined in the game’s almanac), so your success depends on knowing the capability of each tower and each of the thieves. This is opposed to simply setting up a bunch of ambiguous towers against approaching blobs and hoping for the best.
* Besides the standard tower upgrade, there are several types of research for your towers (reminiscent of RTS) such as salt (for the ability to kill ghost pirates), mysticism (for extra strength against wizards and penetration of their shields) and others. This makes it a classic game with unique and complex potential.
* The thieves do much more than simply walk toward the loot. The pig, for example, comes out flying and once shot down (perhaps beyond your fortifications), walks the remainder of the way to your loot. The ninja runs for a few seconds, then hides for a moment, becoming invisible to the towers. The armadillo walks slowly, but when hit it turns into a ball and quickly rolls away. Don’t let the mummies get too far or you’ll find they turn to dust and a more tricky thief emerges. The worms travel safely underground and can only be fired upon when they come up occasionally. These and the rest of thieves are also described in the almanac.
* There is unique variety among the 25 battlefields that you can play on Campaign, Casual and Endless modes. You can play on a pool table, defending the pool balls in six pockets. You can play on a soccer field, where all thieves in the wave come at the same time. The Janus Forest battlefield transports thieves to other locations at random. Sendirian Valley allows you only one tower at a time. Rieti gives you a set amount of time and you must manually dispense the waves and fight them within that time.
Blasted Thieves is available for Android 2.1 and later, for all screen sizes and densities including tablets.Blasted Thieves Lite,